New Area - Calvario!

Hi family!

Well I don't have a lot of time today but I will make it quick. First of all Happy Birthday Dad!  Sorry I could not be there but I am sure you will understand.  I hope that you had a good birthday and that you don't feel to old now that you almost have 2 kids in the mission field.  
 
Well I had changes and guess what I am back in my birthplace - Huehuetenango. All I can say is that it is blazing hot. Okay, not really but compared to Xela it is. I am not in the same zone as last time though. I am in the zone of Brazilia and in the area of Calvario. I am the new district leader here in Calvario. It feels a bit weird just coming to a new area and a new zone and being put as a district leader immediately. I feel like the people in it look at you a different way. But so far I love Calvario.  The ward is great.  They are always bringing people to church and are always willing to help us with anything possible. The organization of the ward and the bishop is amazing. My new companion is Elder Mar from Mexico (up north by the border of the United States). He is a great companion so far and we are doing some good work. He has about a little over 4 months here in this area. Sorry I took pictures this week but the computer will not let me send them so I will for sure next week.
 
The quote this week is "If for a while the harder you try the harder it gets, take heart. so it has been with the best people who ever lived." Jeffrey R Holland.  I love this because it is a testimony that greatness comes from adversity and that we should have a eternal perspective on our trials in life.
 
Well it is a whole different game now.  I have to ponder on revelation for the district and figure out how to motivate them. I am always thinking how I can get a bunch of people to find people to baptize when they already want to baptize. Well sorry it was really short this week.  I promise Ii will do better this next week.

Elder Reinhold

No comments:

Post a Comment