Finishing Up in Chiquilaja.

Our baptism this week.


Hi everyone,

Well this week was good. All worked out and the Lord permitted that we could baptize Martha and her family unto repentance. We had many trials Friday. First we could not find the keys, then the power went out so that we could not fill the font, and then just 2 hours before the baptism we still did not have baptismal clothes. Then after the baptism we found out that it had been a really difficult day for M-- and her family. Some really serious things happened and it was an act of faith that they still came to the baptism.  Satan was working against the blessings that were about to come forth. I baptized M-- and her daughter A-- and my companion baptized M-- and C--. Because I have changes tomorrow, we passed by their house yesterday to say goodbye. They were all crying and thanking me and my comp for bringing the gospel into their lives. I am sad to be leaving Chiquilaja but I am also happy to get a new fresh ward. 


The quote for the week is honestly one of my favorites that I have found in the mission. "The future of this world has long been declared. The final outcome between good and evil is already known. There is absolutely no question as to who wins because the victory has already been posted on the scoreboard. The only really strange thing in all of this is that we are still down here on the field trying to decide which team's jersey we want to wear." - Jeffrey R. Holland.

 
If you know that sin is bad why do it? I know there are other factors, but if we know that we are going to stand before God in the final judgement, why not be the best we can? We know that everything that is good is from God and everything that is bad is from Satan. Let us choose the good and fill our lives with the light of Christ. Let us pick the jersey of the believers, the defenders of truth and the promoters of righteousness. I want you guys to know that I stand as a defender of truth and that I will forever wear the jersey of righteousness. Well this next week you guys will find out where I am at and who my new comp is. Love you guys and talk to you next week.


Elder Reinhold

From the blog editor/Mom:  In another email I was saying how the baptism this week must feel really good. His response was, "Compliments promote laziness and satisfaction leads to idleness.  Love you a ton." Made me smile.


This is the family Ch--. They provide lunch for us Saturdays and Sundays. They are an amazing family.

This is the family Qu--. They live about 20 feet up the hill from us. They are great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment