Praying for Baptism, Being a Disciple of Christ, and Finally Playing Basketball...

Hey Family!
 
How are you guys?  Well this week was good and bad. The bad news is that we moved our baptismal dates to the 17th of August. The good news is is that we have dates with M-- and her daughter. This week we are going to try to present a baptism date to her other daughter and her son. We will see how it will go. We are praying hard and we know that this family is prepared for the gospel and I know that they will get baptized, I just don't know if it will be when I am here in Chiquilaja.  President told me that I will have changes this change. This change ends in 3 weeks so I pray that all goes well and that they will be baptized. They have assisted 3 weeks in a row now and love it. We are waiting on permission from their husbands. Good news today we switched it up as a Zone and played basketball and guess what. I Played!!! Man it felt good to be back. Smoked 'em too. Hit some fade away out of bounder 3's. My leg is doing pretty well, but we will see how I feel tomorrow.  Might be a little sore. Well all is going great. I am loving the mission a ton right now. Spanish is going well.  I have lots of friends in the mission and we are always having a ton of fun.
 
This week's quote is "Lesson number 1 for the establishment of Zion in the 21st Century. You never check you religion at the door. Not ever!!!" -Jeffrey R. Holland, Israel Israel God is Calling.  I sure hope that we do not have situations where we check our religion at the door. When you get in the car to drive to work don't check you religion at the door and listen to music that will take away the Spirit. You feel like you are a good member, you assist every week, you have a calling in the ward, but just once we need groceries and I am going to be gone tomorrow.  Just this once we will not keep the Sabbath day holy. Just don't do it. It's not worth it.  The small temptations are the easy temptations to overcome.  Luke 9:61 and 62 says, "And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, no man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." As for us we put our hand to the plough when we entered the waters of baptism and if we are looking back, which would be considered not sacrificing everything that you have, then you are not fit for the kingdom of God.  Don't fall in to the trap of checking your religion at the door and sacrificing your blessing and responsibility to be a disciple of Christ. I love this work and am grateful for every day that I have here in the mission. I love every one of you guys and want you guys to know that I am grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  Love you and will talk to you next week.

Elder Reinhold

No comments:

Post a Comment