Birthday, Baptism and a Premature Amen!

April 28, 2014
Well Family, this week was actually pretty good. Our companionship is feeling a little bit better as far as the stomach goes. This week was also really good because we had a baptism. E-- was baptized and it is about time that he got baptized!  He was ready when I got here to San Juan. That means that right now we have baptized 2 possible future branch presidents which was part of our goal.  E-- is a really good person.


This month was also pretty good. Last month we had 4 baptisms and this month we finished with 8 so we doubled the baptisms and that feels good. This month we are not starting with a ton of baptismal dates but we are going to keep working to put more. This month our goal is to have 10 or 12 baptisms. 

This week I had the opportunity again to speak in church. I talked about the talk that President Uchtdorf gave 2 conferences ago named "Come Join Us." It was a great talk and the branch needed it a lot. It was kind of funny though I was reading the last part of the talk and I didn't have a ton of time to prepare the talk so I read the part where it says, "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."  Everybody thought that I finished my talk and so they all scared me when they all said "amen."  I thought for one second, "Should I just sit down or keep going?"  So I told them that I was just reading the talk and that I was going to keep talking. Everybody was laughing a ton. It was really funny.

This week I will be getting a new comp. My companion has changes. He really is a good comp. I am going to miss him a lot. Well that is about it and I will talk to you guys next week.

Elder Reinhold

Jakob Turned 21 This Week!
He was a bit sick but had a good
day thanks to his friends.


Make a Wish!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday in Guatemala! You can tell the people live you how could they not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at all the smoke from the candles ;) miss you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete