Good-bye Comp! Hello Last Comp!




September 1, 2014


Well Family how has it been? Everything is just great here in the Mainland of the Lamanites. Sometimes we meet members from the coast here and they always ask us "How do you feel to work with the purest Lamanites left?' Its pretty cool I guess. I wouldn't trade it for anything........ in spite of a messed up leg. hahahaha


Well this week was good and good. Well first off my comp finishes his mission tomorrow so this week was a lot of good byes and preparing to go home, but we still worked and were able to even have a baptism. Huh, funny story... well for the baptism we decided it would be better to have someone from San Juan baptize L--. What we didn't account for was the lack of experience that the members have here. So we asked brother J-- to baptize him. J-- has been a member for 25 years and his dad was the ex branch president. He even goes to the temple one time a week every week for the whole day. We thought it would be a breeze. Well it was time for the baptism to start so we told them
to change into their white clothes for the baptism.  My comp and I sat back down in the room where we were waiting to start. It took a while, so we decided to go check on them. When we turned the corner they were both already in the baptismal font.  So, I looked at my comp and I was like, "You have got to tell them that we need to start with a hymn and a prayed and talks and everything." I was just laughing so hard. Then it got to the baptism part, which couldn't have gone any worse.  I will just say a little bit and then let you imagine the rest. Well let's just say he plugged his nose with his left hand. (How? I have no idea.) He took about 3 steps back and it was just a miracle that his head didn't crack open on the wall. I don't know if it actually made contact with the wall but I also didn't have the guts to ask. Well now that that was all over.....the rest of the week was pretty good.

We will see who the poor elder is that has to kill me. (They say that when a missionary goes home.) Well thank you for everything that you guys do for me. See you soon.

Elder Reinhold






























No comments:

Post a Comment