All the things I needed to know...I already knew!

November 24, 2012

Hey family!
 
 
How is it there? Sounds like everything is going well. Anyway, this week has been great. I have grown a lot. I have learned a lot about myself and the inner purposes of life. Schedule wise, this week has been kind of uneventful. We had the opportunity to go and tract around the temple and up the street. It is very fun and sometimes very humbling. This week I have really learned about how I need to be an example to everyone. I noticed that whenever I joke around in class the whole class jokes and when I study hard the whole class studies, but I am grateful for the opportunity to set an example.
 
 
I am not quite sure why this kind of stuff happens but yesterday I had a cool experience.   A missionary that I have gotten to know pretty well came up to me and said, "I need a pep talk tonight." I was like, "What does that mean?" About 30 minutes later I found him and asked him what was up. He said he had been praying about some issues and problems he had been having in the MTC.  When he prayed to ask who he should talk to he got the answer that he needed to talk to me. I'm thinking, "What can I do for a missionary like this?" I have problems myself and I can think of many better missionaries for him to talk to, but we sat down and talked for about 30 minutes or so.  I shared many scriptures with him and afterward he said, "I now know why I needed to talk to you." I felt the Spirit so strongly. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a tool in the Lord's hands. It is the best feeling and this is also the work of the Lord.
 
 
I want you guys to know, especially all the moms who have missionaries out, that it is not only a privilege to have the Spirit with you while you are a missionary but a promise if you are worthy of the blessings. I know that that is the only reason the church can confidently send missionaries to some of the most dangerous places and we can walk down allies in the middle of Guatemalan cities and know that if we are worthy we will be protected.
 
 
Thank you guys so much for the support.
It is amazing and I can't wait to be 'in the field' in a little over a week! It's crazy.
 
 
Pray always and remember Him.
Love you,
Elder Reinhold

 
*The blog editors (mom and dad) love this email. It is so great to watch your kids 'grow up' and watch them learn experientially the things you try to teach them all along...be an example, love your brother, do what you know is right, have faith, etc. I'm going to ignore the implications in the message to the mothers about the allies of Guatemala and the need for protection. Surely, he must have just run out of things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment