Wrapping it up at the Guatemala MTC...

Hola familia,

¿Como estan? ¿Como fue su semana? Well I have been thinking of what to talk about this week in my email and I can't think of anything that was super eventful. This week we have had infield orientation so it has been (I'm not going to lie) pretty boring. It is 10 hours straight in a classroom talking about our purpose and practicing teaching and all sorts of stuff, but we are done now. I leave for Quetzaltenango at 8:30 in the morning on Tuesday. It is a 4 hour ride to get there. I heard that the bus ride is incredible because you gain 4000 feet and there is a series of lakes and mountains. All I have heard about Quetzaltenango is that it is amazing. The people are so humble and have no need for technology. I have gained a love for the people already and I want to serve them with all my heart.
 
I love you all and I want you guys to know that the Savior lives and that He wants nothing more than for all of us to return to Him. I know that as missionaries we are called of God to return to Him and bring as many people back with us. I know that He was perfect and still asked if the cup could pass Him. It was the will of The Father and we cannot let the opportunity to gain from that go to waste. One thing that I have found that has helped me be more Christ-like is every day or week I pick a Christ-like attribute to read about in the scriptures and strive to improve in my life. I know that we can live this life and know of God and believe in God and Christ and be just fine, but if we go the extra mile and be a constant representative of Jesus Christ the windows of heaven will be opened unto us. I want you guys to know that my desire to know and live the gospel has grown ten times since I left the life I once had.
 
Love you guys. Pray often and never forget who has given you the blessings in your lives. Next week I'm sure I will have much more to write about, but see you later.
 
Elder Reinhold
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment