Feliz Navidad Familia!

How is the Christmas season there? First of all let me just say that my leg is doing much better. Thank you for the fast. I know with assurity that it helped a ton. The nurses sent me crutches, but I said there is no way I will use those in the mountains of Guatemala.
 
 
These are my shoes with one day on them without cleaning.
 
Oh yeah, it was pretty cool to be here for the 13 Baktun. The Mayans didn't believe that the world was going to end, they were just celebrating the 13 Baktun which is that every 400 years it is a new era. We have big ruins here in Huehue callled Zaculeu. I'm sure if you look it up on google you can see the ruins and the rituals.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaculeu?vm=r&s=1
 
Christmas here is pretty crazy especially for missionaries because you have tons of drunks. Missionaries and drunks do mix very well I have learned. This week we had experiences with drunk people. The first was we were talking to some investigators in the street and a guy came up and started yelling at us so we backed off and had nothing to do with him. He was saying he wanted to fight and stuff so we ran in the investigators house and locked the door. We watched him out the window and about 30 minutes later we went outside. There was this guy about 100 yards away waving his arms in the air making all these funny signs and saying, "Mormons!" Just yelling it and people are watching in the street. He came closer and closer saying, "You guys think you can change my life?!" He was calling us pansies and stuff. Let me just say that I am grateful that alcohol has the dissorientatiñon effect because I know I have size on them and they are drunk so they are not all there.
 
A couple of times I was thinking there might come a time in my mission where a drunk is going to swing at me or try something else. It all worked out this time. We hid in a house again and then the funniest part was that the other guy returned and got in the other guy's face so he kicked him as hard as he could and it turned into a brawl. It was so funny. I was laughing so hard. My comp said that one of his other comps was attacked by a drunk and he was a Poly. The drunk guy swung and the missionary hit him 3 times and he was knocked out and my comp was like, "Holy cow! What just happened?" But, in 4 Nephi 1:29 it says that people will persecute the true church because of their humility, so I have to remember that we are representatives of Christ and would Christ knock some one out? I don't think so. One thing I did want to say to him when he was yelling, "Oh you are going to change my life?" I wanted to say that it says in the Bible that faith without works is nothing and have you tried to pray and ask if this Church is true? Well I have and that is why I am here on a mission for 2 years of my life. So, here is a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet on the restauracion. Try it. I know there is more I wanted to to write about but I cannot remember.
 
 
Ward Christmas Party.  We had a choir, but it was terrible!
Our Christmas tree.
Me using the canned snow.
(Any of you that saw the first Buddy the Elf photo, this is the second!)
 
Well, merry Christmas and remember the true reason for Christmas.
Love you guys and talk to you tomorrow!
Elder Reinhold
 
 
Me with my companion, an investagator named S--, and F-- who's a new convert.


No, Mom.  I didn't trade your favorite tie!


This is my diet -  basically every missionary's diet.  Tortrixes are good because they are only 1 quetzal which is like 12 cents in the States and Fruitadas are like 6 cents.  Tortrix are chips and Fruitada is like a juice.
 
My tan line.  I'll be Latino soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment