Baptism, Testimony and Making Pizza!

Baptism of  Yennifer.  Seeing my first convert baptism.  Now, her whole family is coming to church.

Hey guys,

How is life in the snow? Well, here it has been a little warm. I don't really like that because when you are walking all day its nice when it is cool. Well I will start with the quote. This one I love. This is my theory in the mission field. "When the time to prepare has come, then it is to late to prepare." This is what life is all about - preparing. When its time to prepare for a mission then its too late. You should have been preparing long before. Lots of elders in the mission are not prepared and some of them think I am crazy when I want to be prepared but a couple of times I have save us some trouble by being prepared. 

We made some fat pizzas!  Ham and cheese, but not a lot of
cheese because it is really expensive!
 Also, I am sure you have heard of the new mission in Guatemala. Yes my mission is going to change. Now this could be a small change or a big change for me. I don't know. They are going to make a mission - Coban. It is going to be right next to us and they are going to steal two of our zones. They are going to take Quiche and Totonicipan. I don't really know what to think about it. We are also going to receive more zones but more towards the coast. We are going to get San Marcos and rumor is possibly go all the way to the coast, but I don't know what this means for me. Maybe I will go to Coban and change my calling, or I will stay in Quetzaltenango. I don't know how it is going to work, but we will see. So my leg, my leg is doing okay. It is slowly gaining strength and I am going to leave the office this change which is on the 5th of March...so I am almost out of here. Now I just wonder where I am going to go, but I will find out soon. I am willing to go wherever the Lord wants me and where the mission needs me.

So this week we had the baptism of Yennifer and it was great to witness my first 'in field' baptism. She is such a good example for her family that now her whole family is interested and coming to church. We just showed up to their door and they were all ready for church. We were like, "Okay, let's go then." It was great. Also, we are working with 2 other families that both look positive and we are excited to teach them this week. It seems like every time the baptisms are looking positive I leave. It happened in Huehue too. But the mission goes on and that is one thing you have to get used to because you move a lot in the mission.


Me at  member's house with a parrot.
I want you guys to know that I am so grateful for all the support that I have so that I can be out here helping the people of Guatemala and also learning the things that I need to learn for the rest of my life. I know with every fiber in my body that this is the true gospel and nobody on this earth is leading this church. I know that He is at the head of this work or we would not be able to have thousands of missionaries just in Guatemala. I can't wait for the day that I can be with my family in the kingdom knowing that I fulfilled, and helped others fulfill, their premortal callings. But, the gate is narrow and is hard to reach and the majority will not find that gate. That is why I am here for two years of my life calling all to come unto Christ. This is the truth, this priesthood is the most elect group of men I believe to walk this earth. When you are baptized you make a covenant with God that you will take upon yourself His name and be a representative of Christ. This means your knees better be sore and the Book of Mormon you read every night should be falling apart at the seams because that is what you promised you would do and that is what you are obligated to do as a member of this church. We have to make sacrifices. Do you think the pioneers said, "Oh yeah, let's move to Utah. It looks nice and green and we can call a taxi to take us there." No, it was a barren desert and they left footprints of blood and bodies of loved ones along the way. There is no possible way this gospel is not true. People put their lives on the line time and time again for this church. Don't put it off. If you need to, change your heart now and find the desire to pray to your Heavenly Father. He is waiting. Find your purpose in life and run with it. Know that His hand is always stretched out and He will never, never withdraw that offer. Look for the missionaries, give them references, and go with them to visits. That is the only way that we baptize in the field. 


I love you guys so much and want you guys to know that this 2 years is only a small slice of my mission and the changes that I will make in the mission are much more valuable thatn the mission itself. I love you guys and I love my Savior. I will have one more email before I head out to the field and I was with President the other day and he said they have a place for me, and that makes me scared that they have one this early. I may probably get put with a troubled elder or a hard comp but, I gotta do what I got ta do, so I am going to go back into the field with a head of steam and do work. Love you guys and keep up the work...and yes my knees are sore and it is not from only the praying. Talk to you next week.

Elder Reinhold

Note: Jakob receieved a package we sent in around two weeks.  No problems.  Please write to him with Dear Elder if you haven't.  If it is too confusing, email it to me and I'll do it for you!  The deadline for Tuesday delivery is Sunday night - midnight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment