Staying in Chiqui and Zone Barbecue.


This is our church in Chiqui.

Hey family!

First of all I want to say, "Happy Birthday Ethan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much and hope you had a good birthday."

This is where you buy meat and yes, there are just a bunch of carcasses hanging in the back.
This week was good. We have been busy making all the food for our zone BBQ. We did all the food and we were up late cooking last night, and no, that does not mean you can wake up later so I am pretty tired right now.


This is the food we cooked.  It was actually pretty good!
Well the quote for this week is one of my favorites. "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways." 
-John Wayne. 

This quote is cool. It really is just saying you might not have ideal situations in your life but just buckle up and buckle down and work through them.


For p-day we went to Baul for a BBQ.  This is a statue there that is cool.
Well this week was good, like I said. We did not get as much done with all the cooking and shopping. But this week we were able to talk to our investigator L-- and ask her why she does not want to be baptized. It is a bit frustrating for us because she wants to and she received an answer to her prayers, but it turns out the husband of the family that she is working with starting telling her why she should not get baptized, but we are explaining that it is a covenant between her and God not her and her family or her friends, so we will continue to work with her. With our other couple that wants to be baptized, we are not sure if we are going to do it this week or possible move it to the next week but I will keep you updated.

An investigator trying the violin.
Us in a canyon in Chiquilaja.
This week is change week (transfers) and neither my comp or I have changes, so I will be with Elder C-- for another change. I have a feeling we are going to do some good work. We laid out a plan for doing some serious work here in Chiquilaja. I just want you guys to know that good things come from adversity. That is one thing that I have a very strong testimony of. I want you guys to know that all missionaries are called by revelation and that if you are willing to put your time in the Lord's hands He is going to utilize you. One thing I have found is that there are a lot of average missionaries and not very many great missionaries. I was very surprised when I came to the field that lots of people don't want to be here and even will try to hurt themselves to go home honorably. I pleaded with my mission president to let me stay. I told some Elders the story about my leg today and I was crying because I was so grateful to be here. I want you guys to know if they are going to send me home, they are going to have to do it in a casket.

Love,
Elder Reinhold

No comments:

Post a Comment