Hola Familia!

Add caption


Hey! How is it going everybody??? Well this week was extremely good but finished out a little bit sad. Well let me start with the good stuff...

First of all we had a baptism. J-- got baptized! This is really exciting.  Also, we broke the 3 month no baptizing streak here in Centro. It was so amazing. He is going to be a great member. It was so awesome how he received his answer. He went and talked to the father of the huge Catholic cathedral in Centro. The father was getting mad at him because he was talking with us and everything, but just like Joseph Smith, he decided to pray. He knelt down one night and prayed, asking where he could find the truth.  Immediately after he did not feel anything and went to bed like normal. He then had a dream he was watching us from above teaching him in the chapel where we always have the appointments. He said not only that but that he received a confirmation that it is the truth and that he had to be baptized. When we do our part the Lord does his part. 


Look how hard the mission is.  No, just kidding.  We invited the
district leaders to lunch for a correlation meeting.  It was a cool restaurant.


The other good thing was that the zone had a great week. We went from 6 baptismal dates to 10 to 23 this week. It was awesome to see the dates for the week not only for the baptismal dates, but everything went well. I looks like we are doing better at getting the zone going and everything. The zone really is doing great.

We made a pinata for an elder that is going to his house.
(Going to his house?  Must be how they'd say it in Spanish.)
Well now for the sad part. Tomorrow the zone is going to have a couple of changes. One of them is our district leader Elder P--. Also my companion has changes tomorrow!!!!! Elder D-- S--, the Brazilian, is going to leave.  He is going to go to the office as secretary. I am excited but a little nervous because I have only one month as zone leader. Well we will see how it goes. I don't know who my new companion is but we will see.

The quote for the week is one from my Mom. "Nothing ever goes away until it taught us what we need to know." - Pema Chodron. I love this quote. If we have something that has always been hard for us, it is because we still need to learn something. I have learned this a lot in the mission with learning the wisdom of being ovedient. (From the blog editor/Mom: He keeps spelling things funny or how they would be spelled in Spanish. I had to leave this one because I think it is cute.)  

I love you guys and we are going to work hard to turn around the area of Centro.

Elder Reinhold (El Elder con la familia más pilas y calidad que hay en todo el mundo. Gracias por el apoyo y todo lo que hacen para mi.)


1 comment:

  1. I love the quote from your mom! I live seeing pics of you.. you are glowing. So happy!

    ReplyDelete