Working in Calvario. Even dug a well!

 September 23, 2013

This is the gang of Calvario right now.

September 23, 2013


Hey family!

Que tal la vida? Oh yeah, and what happened BYU?  That's 4 years in a row! But I am so happy they lost. It's not because I love Utah or because I hate BYU, it's just because I love getting under the skin of all the BYU honks here in the mission.  I wrote a list of all the pros of Utah and stuff about BYU. 

We ordered pizza.  It was gringo time!
1. At Utah they are Obama lovers and just like it says in article of faith number 12 we should support all of our government leaders.  BYU has a lot of Obama Haters.  (Okay, maybe not quite right.)
2. Liberalism is almost exactly what is described as the pure love of Christ. 
3. At Utah there are not any hypocrites because you can't have hypocrites if you don't have rules. 
4. At Utah more parties for the opportunidad (is that the Spanish word?  Cute!) to share the gospel with non-members who have problems with chastity and word of wisdom. 
5. The majority of the apostles went to Utah through personal revelation. If God is telling them to go there it must be God's school. 
6. Boost economy with beer and marijuana imports.  Ii could go into statistics but not now. 
7. A lot of the liberal people like to scruffy look with beards and ebrything (I like how he spells it with a "b" now!)  they are just following the example of Christ. Not to mention that Christ would be asked to fix his "look" on the BYU campus.
8. Utah was created by the church before BYU was. 

We will just say that I have a lot of fired up BYU fans here and I have them just where I want them.

Everything here in Calvario is great. This week we put a baptismal date with M-- and I think that everything looks good with her. If so she will be baptized this Saturday. We also have several other baptisms that will happen in the next month but only according to our obedience and diligence. My comp has a lot of time here so he will have changes next Tuesday -  just about a week. I am already getting a new comp. This week was great.  We did splits with the zone leader and Elder Smith came to Calvario with me, and my comp went to Brazilia with the other zone leader.  I learned a lot from a seasoned zone leader.  It was good. This week we had a goal in the zone to find 2 families to teach and everybody in the district did it so that is great.

This week we did service digging a well it was a good experience and also a funny experience. This member has been trying to set up service with my comp like 3 times but my comp has not gone, so he just wants to work my comp to the bone.  He was getting ready to finally put him to work so when I showed up with Elder Smith, the zone leader, to do the service he was so mad. He was just talking bad about Mexicans and everything so we kind of threw him under the bus. This is what we said, "Oh now we understand why Elder Mar wanted to do splits so badly.  He just kept asking and asking and now we understand."  It was so funny.  When we saw him in church he just lit Elder Mar up. 

Well the quote for this week is, "It will be a joy to hear the words well done, thou good and faithful servant." Henry B. Eyring.

This is the whole purpose in this life.  Love it in a way that this will be what we will hear in the final judgement.  I hope that we can all keep in mind that moment when we will stand before God. 

Well love you guys and talk to you next week.

Elder Reinhold

No comments:

Post a Comment