Letter for Cousin's Baptism and Other Random Events...

Big trench all dug by hand.

July 28, 2014


Hey Family First I just wanted to put a copy of the letter that I wrote to my aunt for my cousin's baptism.

Hey everyone,
For those of you who don't know me I am Elder Reinhold. I am currently serving in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission (The Mountains of Guatemala) I am going to be returning home in October. I am a cousin of Carter. First of all it is just so weird that Carter is going to be baptized... when I left he seemed like a little kid and now he is growing up. Well I would love to be there but I will have to settle for pictures. I just want to say the sometimes in Utah we take our baptism for granted. Its just another step in our lives like starting kindergarten or getting a drivers license. That's all it was for me before I arrived in the mission. Once I arrived in the mission I figured out that baptism is the best thing that I have to offer to the people of Guatemala. Money is temporary, food is temporary, my friendship is temporary even relationships in the church are temporary but baptism and reception of the holy ghost is something that will open the gates of heaven for them, all of the poverty and sicknesses that they have here will be the last thing on their mind. Carter remember this day for the rest of your life. I still remember the day of my baptism. This is the most important thing you can do right now. You have great parents who have guided you to the right path now you just have to keep on the good path. I love you man and cant wait to see you in 3 months. Love you guys so much.

Elder Reinhold


Well this week went by really fast. The weeks just feel like days, I'm serious.  It's crazy. This week was really just an average week. Well the week did start out pretty good. We finally entered into the chuj. It was just like a sauna but you are just constantly pouring water over yourself to wash the sweat off. (Yummy.) All was going well in the chuj until one of the kids with us threw a bucket of water on the hot rocks and it was a steam explosion... every body ran out of the chuj as fast as they could but I just put my hands over my face and prayed. Let's just say it hurt, but it was worth it. We are going to try to do the chuj every week it is actually really nice. You feel so clean after.


This is a tradition that they have here. This is one of the giants. This one is actually really small. I saw a couple that were probably 12 to 14 feet tall. The game is that the kids run and the giants have to hit them with the stick they have attached to their arm. Every year at least a few kids leave with bloody faces. This week for p day we went and did a zipline.  It all went good other that one of the new sisters in our zone fainted on the zipline but don't worry, she's fine.


I love wearing the hat in town I just have like an instant connection with the good ole boys here. I am so thankful to be in the mission and "Thank God I'm a (Wannabe) Country Boy." John Denver emphasis added... well talk to you next week.


Wannabe Country Boy,
Big Ole

P.S.  Got the hat, still looking for the boots...

No comments:

Post a Comment