Baptisms (yay!) and Tithe Paying....

June 23, 2014

Well this week was really a good week. First of all, I will just start out the zone had 8 baptisms so we reached our goal this month and we were able to play paintball!!!!...as you can see from the pictures.



It was really fun. I killed Elder T--.  I hit the poor kid like 3 times in the neck and one time in the back of the head. I told him it was for sleeping in and not reporting the dats like he should. I was just joking, but kind of serious.
Add caption



Also because we reached our goal we are going to go to the temple. It will be the first time in the mission for me. I am so excited.

Well I'm sure you guys are wondering about the picture of my comp and I with an old lady in the hospital bed. This was a great experience that I had. It was a little bit scary. We received a call that Sister Soledad was sick and had been calling for the Elders all day. So my companion and I went to visit her. Her family told us that she was angry with her family because she was going to die before we could visit her. We got there and she just started to cry. We talked to her and we shared a message and then she did something that I will never forget. She started to struggle to open a little bag that had a zipper. She finally opened it and took out 1 quetzal which is 10 cents in dollars, She gave it to us with tears in her eyes and told us that it was her tithing. Tears then rushed to my eyes. The parable of the widow's mite came to my mind. She was a faithful member all of her life. She is still fighting pneumonia and is getting a tiny bit better. I gave her a blessing and in almost all of the blessing that I have given in my mission that are like that the Lord always tells me what is going to happen but I was just waiting and waiting in the blessing for it to come but it didn't. It made me think that its hard for me to pay my tithing and this poor lady that has almost nothing willingly gives it with a heart of gratitude. 

Thank you so much for all of the support you guys have given me. We will probable have the opportunity to meet the new mission president this week. My comp and I just have a little bit of time left in the mission but we made a covenant with the lord to work as hard as we can until we finish. I love all of you guys so much thanks...

Les amo con todo me corozon. Les quiero testificar que el Señor hace milagros a medida que obedecemos sus mandamientos y amarle. Yo creci en una familia especial para ayudarme a aprender las vias del Señor. Nos vemos en 3 meses.  (He is saying something like, "I love them with all of my heart.  I want to testify that the Lord works miracles with we obey his commandments and love Him.  I grew up in a special family that helped me learn the ways of the Lord.  I will see you in 3 months.)

Elder Reinhold

No comments:

Post a Comment